“It is particularly ironic that the battle to save the world's remaining healthy ecosystems will be won or lost not in tropical forests or coral reefs that are threatened but on the streets of the most unnatural landscapes on the planet.”- Worldwatch Institute. 2007

Thursday 22 September 2011

Published!

Published! At long last my report has gone up on the CIBSE website (although I'm not complaining as it didn't take them as long to put it up as I did to write it). If anyone still looks in here you can find it here:

http://www.cibse.org/index.cfm?go=page.view&item=1917#4

But the blog is better reading I think.
I'm still getting mileage out of the whole trip - most recently this week at the IMechE where I gave a talk on district heating to a bunch of power engineers. It was pretty bad as I was up last and everything I wanted to say had already been covered by one or another speaker. But I got two questions so I didn't send everyone to sleep and got some positive feedback from my boss's boss, who was also there, afterwards so perhaps it went better than I thought. But it was a tough gig.
Greenbuild in Manchester, on the other hand, was a delight and I had standing room only - no mean feat when you're on the exhibition floor and so people can just get up and wander off when they're bored. I have got that on video and as soon as I work out Vimeo I'll be putting it on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment